CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL USE
IDENTIFY THE COPYRIGHTED WORK OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THAT YOU CLAIM HAS BEEN INFRINGED; IDENTIFY THE MATERIAL ON THE SITE THAT YOU CLAIM IS INFRINGING, WITH ENOUGH DETAIL SO THAT WE MAY LOCATE IT ON THE SITE; A STATEMENT BY YOU THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD FAITH BELIEF THAT THE DISPUTED USE IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY THE COPYRIGHT OWNER, ITS AGENT, OR THE LAW; A STATEMENT BY YOU DECLARING UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT (A) THE ABOVE INFORMATION IN YOUR NOTICE IS ACCURATE, AND (B) THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER OF THE COPYRIGHT INTEREST INVOLVED OR THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON BEHALF OF THAT OWNER; YOUR ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND EMAIL ADDRESS; AND YOUR PHYSICAL OR ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE.
ARTIST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All submissions must be completed by the artist (the sole maker and the owner of the submitted artwork).
- The exhibitions are limited to two dimensional artworks. Therefore, sculptures, installation, video, and other forms of non two dimensional artworks will be rejected if submitted.
- By submitting artwork to the Saint Maison Gallery, you agree to give permission for your work to be reposted and shared by Saint Maison Gallery on its social media platforms such as instagram, and website (www.saintmaison.world)
- Copyright for submitted images and artworks will remains with the artist at all times during the campaign. At no point of the exhibition or after the exhibition, Saint Maison will ask you to pass on the rights you have for your artworks.
- If and when the artwork is sold via Saint Maison Gallery (via the website or not), the artist is responsible for shipping the artwork to the client in a timely manner. (the shipment should not take longer than 1 month)
- The artist is responsible for the shipping cost (from the artist to the client), and all original artworks are shipped to the client directly from the artist's location.
- The artist is responsible for packaging the artwork to prevent any damages to the artwork. If the artwork was damaged during the transfer between the artist and the client Saint Maison Gallery will not be responsible or liable for the damage.
- The artist is responsible for shipping authentic original artwork(s).
- The split of sales between the artist and the gallery is 80/20. Artist 80, and gallery 20.
- Artist will only receive the 80% share of sales when the artwork has safely arrived at the client's location.
- Transaction fee (international or not) and currency conversion fee is deducted from the price of the artwork and the 80/20 commission split will then be calculated, so that we are sharing the fees.
How does shipping work?
Once you sell an artwork, you will receive an email informing you of the sale. We will inform you where and who to ship the artwork to. You will need to package your artwork and arrange the shipment.
How do I get paid?
Once you sell an artwork, you will receive an email informing you of the sale. We will ask you to provide account informations so when the sales is complete, we can payout the fund. We can pay you in PayPal or wire transfer. Please note that payouts are typically fulfilled within 14 calendar days from the date you provide the account information.
Can I sell exhibiting artworks out side of Saint Maison?
Saint Maison prioritizes your profit over anything. If you have gallery representation, we’re still happy to host you on Saint Maison, as we are a non-exclusive online gallery. But if you sell your artwork out side of Saint Maison, please inform us as quickly as possible so we can prevent double selling the artwork.
How does commission work?
If you sell an original artwork, Saint Maison Gallery will take a 20% commission on the final sale price. If a promotional discount code is offered, the discount will be deducted from the price of the artwork and the 80/20 commission split will then be calculated, so that we are sharing the discount with you. Like all galleries, we offer promotional discounts from time to time as an incentive for new and returning collectors to explore the constantly updating selection of artwork on Saint Maison. We know that offering promotions allows artists to gain the attention of collectors previously unaware of their work and a better chance to make future sales. With Saint Maison’s low commission, only 20% compared to the 50% most galleries take, even with a promotional discount, you earn more selling your work with Saint Maison.
RETURN & REFUND
From the time you receive your original artwork from our couriers, you have seven (7) days to decide whether to keep the work or return the artwork in its original condition for a refund.
We also require all returned artwork to be shipped out by the buyer within three (3) days after confirming with us that the work will be returned.
So, if you receive artwork you’ve purchased from Saint Maison Gallery and are not fully satisfied, you have: Seven (7) days to contact us about your intent to return the work and three (3) days from the day you contacted us to ship out the artwork.
***Do not ship the artwork before contacting us; you must first contact us.***
If you do not notify us of your intent to return the work within 7 days of receipt or you do not ship the work within 3 days of notifying us, you will NOT be eligible for a refund.
How to Return an Original, Undamaged Work
Step 1 – Within seven (7) days of your merchandise delivery date, please call email email@example.com to give us your order information and the reason for wanting to return the work.
Step 2 – Repackage the artwork using the original packaging materials used by the artist. If you’ve already disposed of the original packaging, you’ll be responsible for purchasing packaging materials to send the artwork back safely to the artist.
Step 3 – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the return process.
Once the piece safely reaches the artist, Saint Maison Gallery will process your return and the amount owed will be refunded to you(minus transaction fee costs and international customs fees, if any) within 7-10 business days of your merchandise return.
What to Do If the Artwork Arrives Damaged
Step 1 – Within seven (7) days of your merchandise delivery date, please email email@example.com to give us your order information.
Step 2 - Save original packaging!
Step 3 - Take photos of damaged artwork and packaging. Please email these photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4 - A Saint Maison Gallery support representative will contact you to discuss next steps.